Cat C+E LGV Driver Training
LGV HGV or Class 1 Training for the Artic or C & E.
Vehicle used for C & E Training.
This is taught in a modern Scania G420 which has a fully automatic 12 speed gear box. A 4 wheel tractor unit with a twin axle trailer and an overall length of 14.9m means it is easy to reverse and is an ideal training vehicle for those moving up to articulated lorries. It also means you are familiar with the type of trucks that blue chip companies are using.
How Class 1 (C+E) training is performed.
You are trained on a one to one basis. This means you get the training you need to pass your HGV LGV test first time, which is why we have a high first time pass rate. The reason we have a high 1st time pass rate is our rather different approach to LGV HGV training in Wiltshire, Swindon, Oxfordshire, Gloucestershire, Hampshire, Bristol, which when you pass first time means you save money on your LGV HGV training. Training is one to one and is charged on a daily rate subject to your experience and ability rather than a set course. Spread over a few days you have a chance to learn where you are going and work on your bad habits. The more homework you do the less days training you need.
LGV C & E Driving Test Training includes:
- Reversing exercise. If you can reverse it will cut your HGV LGV Artic training time down. If you cannot reverse do not worry, we can teach you the LGV HGV Artic reversing test, how long it takes for you to learn it is subject to your ability. Some people need more time to learn the skill of reversing an artic which is why 1 to 1 HGV training is better for them as there is no pressure to get it right quickly and you can practice as much as you like.
- Couple and uncouple trailer. Again we will train you fully to complete the exercise to the test standard required. How to do this correctly is set out in detail for you to learn before you start your course. As your training is one to one you can learn this before you attempt it and practice it as much as you want or need too.
- Show me tell me questions as you had in your rigid test.
From Monday 15th of November you will be able to go straight to the C+E or artic test. However if you applied before the 15th the C+E provisional entitlement is not on your licence. To have it added all you have to do is email your full name, DoB and the driving licence number to email@example.com and on a confirmation email being sent back the entitlement will be added to your licence. The email address will be added when we get it.
As to our training, it’s still one to one we will be starting in the rigid to get you used to driving a large vehicle. Once you are confident and safe we will then move onto the artic.
Other changes that are happening are that the practical driving test, Module 3 is being split into two Module 3a and Module 3b.
Module 3a will be the reverse and uncouple/recouple and tested by Sue and Simon as approved DVSA assessors. The cost for this has been set at £40.00 by the DVSA. Our site has been approved and Sue and Simon have been provisionally approved so next step is getting the paperwork issued then we will be up and running.
Module 3b is the on road test conducted by the DVSA from the test centre at Chiseldon. This means that all tests rigid and artic will be 1 hour driving plus the show me tell me questions. The maximum number of driving faults will now be 12 not 15 and still 1 serious or dangerous will be a fail. The cost for this is still £115.00.
If you fail the Mod 3a (reverse) you cannot retake the test for 24 hours. Fail the Mod 3b and that is 3 working days.
Areas where Class 1 HGV Driver Training is provided:
- LGV C+E driver training in Swindon
- LGV C+E driver training in Newbury
- LGV C+E driver training in Marlborough
- LGV C+E driver training in Faringdon
- LGV C+E driver training in Cirencester
- LGV C+E driver training in Wiltshire
- LGV C+E driver training in Oxfordshire
- LGV C+E driver training in Gloucestershire